Monday, March 29, 2010

Easy Coach Light Renew

After several years of exposure to  the elements and many powerwashings later, our outdoor coach lights on the backside of our house were looking pretty shabby.  Since I really like these little lights I decided they were worth the effort to repaint.  It is still a work in progress as I only finished one this weekend.  I am linking up with MM today and hope that you will be inspired by mine and many other blogs here at....







Look closely and you will see how badly they were flaking paint, Yuck!
I thought I could remove the glass easy enough, but that was not the case.  This is what I used.  First I gave it a good sand job.  Then after several minutes of taping the glass with painters tape and a huge dose of patience I was ready for the spray paint. 

Now it's one down and one to go and everything is back to looking fresh and new again!  Well, umm, atleast the lights are looking fresh and new again! 
What a difference, I can't believe I let them go this long.

Well, that's all I've got for now, until next time.  Thanks for stopping by!
I love all comments so don't be shy!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to see these! For some reason, my computer won't open them up! Very smart to paint the!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful. Isn't it amazing what a little spray paint can do. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem uploading pictures on blogger today, I just read it, I have tried three times to view them:( I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO! I had troubles getting them to upload but after a bit of time they finally showed up. I can see them fine! Sooo Sorry! I don't know what else to do. I'll try again to correct after my very computer savvy son gets home from school. LOL. All else fails I may delete post and create a new one. Thanks for being so loyal and patient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fixed...let me know if your still having troubles..thnx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!~ It was not your fault, blogger was having troubles!~ They look fabulous, just like new! I love black coach lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see them now!!! What a difference it makes and you don't even realize it! Great job there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had lost my entire blog and it was all bloggers fault...
    You did great on those light fixtures. I had to do mine a few years back too. You sure brought yours back to spanking new beauty~!!
    Thanks so much for visiting me. Come back anytime.

    Have a "Sonny" day~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate the prepping part to make something look new, but all worth it in the end. I need to do several of our light fixtures. The sun and weather really takes a toll on those things. House upkeep never ends!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!