Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blogging is like Sailing

Today I'm starting a new adventure...blogging! I find myself excited about the unknown for which I am about to sail forth. Yet, I cannot help but feel the usual sense of fear at the unpredictable. As I was pondering my first blog and my choice of user names, I kept coming back to sailing. Sailing is a big part of my life right now but not so much as it is with most sailors I know. You see I am a sailor by default, I am married to one. I am a casual crew member. I only enjoy cruising in the big safer boats, mostly because I can move about and navigate easier within. The smaller vessels leave my arms and legs too sore and cramped and fearful of the lake upon which we sail. Our lake is filled with many other types of watercraft that in one swift moment can unwittingly change our course forever. Of course there are rules and guidelines to prevent such an unwelcome change of events. Unfortunately, there are times when the unpredictable happens and you learn to shift your sails. Because as we have all heard...shifts happen!
And so is the story of my life at this point, shift happened. I find myself with more time to explore the unknown. To go into uncharted territory. I have always enjoyed writing but haven't done so in quite awhile, and only as an amateur. Like my sailing life, I write as a casual member and participant. Please be kind in your comments and or suggestions as not to unwittingly alter my course. I hope to share the joys and thoughts of my life with others of like interests. Unlike other sailors I am also what is called a fair-weather sailor. This means I don't enjoy getting into rough weather. As a writer I'm hoping to avoid that on here too. I hope to share the beauty of the ride with the wind in my sails, and mostly to sail simply. As with most things, I still have so much to learn. But always learn best after jumping right in and setting sail. And so here I go...

5 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard!! I just started blogging about a month ago and am having so much fun! I use the aqua poppy designs too and they are super easy! I look forward to seeing more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog just by accident - but I'm glad I found you! Best wishes for great success with your blog! I'm now following you.

    Stop by my site for a great Easter Give Away opportunity.
    http://www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

    Ssuan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! This is going to me sooo much fun. I am out of time this morning but will be updating the design on my page this afternoon. Thanks Debbie, I did check out the aqua poppy's site. Looks pretty simple just time consuming when your still learning. And to all three of thanks so much for adding me, I will be adding you all as well. Still need more explanation on the friend connect and how to have blogs I follow show on my blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great too!~ cutest blog has great backgrounds too, I have used them!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    Came by to check out your blog and boy am I impressed. I love going to different blogs and seeing all of the great ideas out there.
    You have been so sweet to me on RMS.
    I was wondering where my front porch was but I see that you have it at your house,LOL.
    I am giving some thought to doing a blog. I will keep you updated.I would need some help though.
    Here is my e-mail address:Bosstonsheart@aol.com.
    Thank you again,
    Katie, Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!