Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just Breathe !!!

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I've
Never been this swept away....

 I know the lyrics of this song are not about the subject of my post but, I think it certainly applies.  If you have your sound off please by all means, turn it up...and enjoy because I love this song and I am in love with my Gardenia's too!

I am so excited that my Gardenia's are finally blooming this year!  Do you remember when I planted these by the front steps last year?  I wanted our guests to be able smell the beautiful aroma of gardenias when they come to our front door.  Still don't know why I waited so many years to change this, but I am so glad I finally did!

Welcome!  Can you smell them too?

This side may need a little more attention this year.

But Oh, what an aroma this side is producing!

This huge Gardenia has been here in the back ever since we moved in. 

It is so full of blooms it is top heavy.   I will need to prune it carefully very soon after it finishes blooming.  This bush will bloom all summer long.

I literally could smell it last night while sitting on the screened porch which is on the other end of the deck.

It's so aromatic.  I just love it!  Don't you just love the smell of gardenias too?


Near the garage I have a few plants that are not blooming quite so profusely.



For so few blooms though, it is still putting out a beautiful scent.

And they are just so gorgeous!  Yes, ladies I am totally in love!  I have always planted Gardenias around my homes because I have been in love with the beauties for so long. 

They are positively intoxicating!  So come on....
just breathe!!!

Thanks for stopping by today for
Take a Look Tuesday!

Love to hear from you if you!
Have a great day!
Mary

10 comments:

  1. I could smell them. I'm almost positive! Those all look beautiful. The look and smell of a gardenia is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Mary! I've never seen them as outside bushes, just indoor plants-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carried Gardenia's for our wedding, so YES, I do love them, and I love this song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front porch is so lovely and the gardenias are gorgeous. I had a little bush one time but it didn't bloom much. The smell - I'll never forget!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you lucky girl! You have a lot of gardenias! Mine do not bloom as much as yours...what kind of sunlight do they get? Full sun, morning sun, shade, please tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Gardenias! Ours have not bloomed yet but when they do I am so happy that the fragrance wafts through my house...just breathe! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can smell your gardenias, Mary. Hmmmmm! INow you made me miss my gardenias in FL. I can't seem to grow them here, I don't know why...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, they are some of my favorite flowers. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    I'm late visiting from my post last week (still recuperating from an old injury which has kicked up again), but despite my tardiness, I still wanted to thank you for your sweet comments. I appreciate them and you more than you know.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me homesick for FL with this beautiful post, Mary! We had gardenia bushes on both sides of our pool/lanai & their fragrance was just heavenly!! My DH remembers them from his prom days, YEARS ago!!!
    Yours are looking wonderful this year.
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    Now I'm going back to take the tour of that last home you posted. I am SOOO enjoying seeing what you saw. DD & I did a home tour over the weekend but they wouldn't allow photos. TOTAL BUMMER!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are soo pretty! Costco had gardenias this weekend and you could smell them all over the store!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!