Thursday, June 13, 2013

The tale of A Mermaid's Table

This little plant stand makeover took on a life all of it's own!  This was one of the first makeovers I did a few weeks back.  Sorry to be so behind on sharing it but I really wanted to share how it came to be.

It started out this way with a gold color.

After giving it some thought I decided to use this OOPS can of paint I picked up from Walmart.  Gotta love those!  I was also in love with the deep sea green color of it as well.

After applying two coats I was still seeing remnants of the gold shining through.  

Now I could have easily added more layers to cover up the original color, but...visions of the sea and Mermaids kept swirling around in my head.  Maybe it was the sun and the heat but I honestly could not stop thinking about shimmering glistening waters of the ocean.

It was at this point that I decided to add some cording around the top.  I had considered going around and around and cover the whole entire top with the cording.  Finally I decided I didn't want to cover up the sea green I was seeing.  

Next I added a little more cording around the bottom to balance things out more.

Then I took her outside by the pool and plopped Mermaid no.1 on her.

Love, love, loved it!

Of course I had to see how she looked out on the screened porch too.

And then I had to see Mermaid no. 2 on top of her as well.


...and that's how the Mermaid table came to be!

Thank you so much for visiting.  I am so glad you stopped by!
I am linking this post to the following parties;
Be Inspired
Show and Tell Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Met Monday


Hope you all are gearing up for a great weekend!
Wishing you a good one!


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely space in which to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really cute! Love the colors and nautical feel-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fun table! Thanx for sharing it with us at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Mary, those mermaids are so neat by the pool!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!