Monday, June 17, 2013

Burlap Beach Bags

Well, why not, right?  While shopping at one of our local feed and seed stores I came across some inexpensive burlap bags already sewn with a drawstring and blank. Sorry, I didn't take any before photos of the blank bags. They were simply calling for me to take them home and do something fun with them.  I thought of all sorts of wonderful ideas!

I really wanted to make something seasonal for my booth though and when I came across these wooden signs from Michaels I knew exactly what I would do. 

I simply printed out a graphic, cut it out like a stencil, traced around it and filled it in with paint.

Waalah!  My first bag was done!


As you may have guessed already I took my inspiration from each little wooden sign.

I also wanted to keep it simple!



There you go!  Three bags done, and ready for the beach.  LOL!
These three bags actually went to the booth for sale.  

This was such a quick and fun project!  I loved doing something seasonal on these and may just have to continue with that trend.  I hope they sell well!

Well there you have it friends, what do you think?
I am linking this up with the following parties;
Inspire Me Tuesday

Thanks for stop by, have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I think they are adorable! This is so clever. I can picture the stencils being used again, making little decorative pictures for the back porch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, and I think they are going to sell like hotcakes. I can tell that your booth is the type I would love to visit because you combine crafty ideas with other stuff.

    That was a perfect use for the bags.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!