Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bargain Shopping Finds

One mans trash is another mans treasure!  I love this phrase...don't you?  Well, I can't in all fairness say this was one mans trash because it was not found in a thrift store or yard sale or anything like that.  But it was a bargain for sure!  

This lamp was actually a return to our store.  It's not one we had in our stores inventory because we are a newer Stein Mart but it was purchased from one of the other stores.  I couldn't help but get a little bit excited when I also realized it was a clearance lamp.  Add that to the fact that we had a 50% off coupon on all our Home clearance items and it was SOLD to me after sitting back out on the floor for a week.  Hey, I really tried to give someone else a chance!  Oh well!

I was going to put it in one of the upstairs bedrooms but thought it looked really cute here in the kitchen instead.  What do you think?  Kitchen, right?  One of these days (very soon) I'm going to have to do a lamp post. Haha!  I mean a post on lamps.  They are my thing and find them hard to resist.  It's getting to the point where the Mr. is saying...the last thing we need is another.....(fill in the blank!)

I also wanted to show you another thrift store purchase I got while on vacay at the beach.  Just in case your wondering...lot's of folks thrift shop while on vacay.  It was crowded at this store.  I'm sure you can understand why I just couldn't resist these glasses.  They actually had them in green also and I was going to get those until I saw the rose colored ones.

Oouu! I just love the hot pink color on these! They were only $6.00 for a set of four stems.  I almost got the green set too but talked myself out of it.  I'm glad I did because my sister in law and I went back the next day and purchased the green set for her.  So it's all good!  We decided now we can share glasses if we need too since they coordinate so well together.

One of the other purchase I got thrifting at the beach was this dish stand.  It was less then $5.00.  I think this is going to be really handy during the holidays.

I decided to keep it out with my Ivy dishes displayed for the summer.  So pretty!

I remembered I never did show you my door all decked out for the fourth.  This is about as much decorating as I did outside this year except for flying the flag.

I just don't have the time like I want to spend on these things anymore.  I am very envious of you who do!  I want a slow summer and it is speeding right by.  I have to scoot off to work again today so I'm rushing through this post.  Still trying to hang in there though!  I also wanted to say 
Thank YOU! 
To all of you who have been hanging in there with me!
Enjoy your weekend Everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Your lamp is cute and I love your new glasses! How fun that you'll be able to share the green ones too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi darling, what wonderful treasures you found. I too have a love for lamps! Can't resist when they say take me home. :-) I love your new one...have a great w/k honey.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lamp! I know what you mean about don't need another (fill in the blank) but I keep on adding!! I always thrift on vacation and on trips to visit friends and family. Its so much fun! Love the pink glasses. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. Love the lamp and of course I spotted the cloche too. Love it. The glasses are fabulous and my what a great price. Love, them too. You will really enjoy that dish stand. I have one and use it every holiday and so much more. Looks wonderful with desserts on it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, Great finds and I love the lamp in your kitchen. I have a dish stand that I use all the time for entertaining. You will get a lot of use out of it, I bet. Hope you had a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, neat door decoration, I too don't have time like I used to, in fact I work today! Those glasses are so pretty and look great in your hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lamp, and YEP to the kitchen choice! I laughed about you giving everyone else a chance first. I'm not positive I would be so generous in your place.

    I also just love the stemware, and I'm glad your SIL got the green. That's the ultimate thrifting in my book: Let someone else do the buying of some of it and SHARE.

    I do know what you mean about not having time. Not at this point, of course, but when I'm doing the contract teaching, I never have the time I want.

    Of course, when I'm NOT doing it (like this year) I don't even have enough money to thrift. Sigh. If it's not one thing, it's another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thrift every opportunity I get - vacation or not. You got some lovely buys -- the lamp and those glasses are darling.

    My vacation is next week: wonder what treasures I'll find?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!