Sunday, March 27, 2011

“A new command” I give you; Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  – John 14:34



Studying this verse from Jesus, we are not only shown again the importance of Love, we are also instructed into action.  We are given a command, of what we are to do, and how we are to follow through.   

   When you study the life of Jesus you will find a Love that is quite different from the Love most of us understand.

  Many of us have no problem loving others who are easy to love.  Or, we have no problems loving those whom we feel are worthy of our Love.  Perhaps we may even feel like we are following his command because we have Love in our lives. 

But in this verse we are told we must Love others "as" we have been Loved by Jesus.  When I am honest with myself, I often find this type of Love hard to do.  Because I am commanded to obtain this level of Love, I keep trying even though I often fail and have to be reminded. 

 This means loving others even when I have been wronged, or ignored or are in disagreement.  Loving others even when it is inconvenient or uncomfortable.  It means putting aside my own pride and self righteousness and sharing the Love of Jesus with others, even when I don't feel like it.  In this life, the opportunities to practice this type of Love are endless...to love others as Jesus loved us.

Thank you for spending 
Sharing Jesus Sunday 
with me!

Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!