Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dodging Seasonal Hazards

How are you at dodging seasonal hazards?  I think I'm doing pretty good, but there have been a few downfalls lately.  Like this...

My back deck!  What a mess!  I was able to clean up the front porch stairs and walk but I just can't tackle this.  It was frozen over solid ice.  I was hoping mother nature was going to clean this up for me, but apparently she has been too busy spreading this all around to come back and clean it up.

This is my yard this Sunday AM.  Still covered in snow.

I'm hoping this will clear up soon.  Luckily, I haven't wiped out on it..yet.

I have also been pretty lucky to avoid all the colds and bugs that have been going around like crazy.  Well, until this past Friday night that is, when I started with the congestion and sneezing.  However, I've done really well so far by heading it off with this taken Friday night and Saturday night.

Thank goodness for NyQuil, and the Walmart brand.  I don't care for antihistamines but this really helps when taken at night.

As I've said I've done really well dodging these seasonal hazards.  Really well, that is until I made these.

Yum!  Cheese Garlic Biscuits.  We went to an oyster roast last night and I needed to bring a little something.  I decided to take the easy way out and make these.  If you haven't tried them yet, I highly recommend it. 

 They are quite delicious and soooo easy!  Just add water and spoon them out on the tray.  I made these smaller so I would they would be appetizer size.  I was quite surprised how many smaller bite sized biscuits I was able to get out of one bag.  I love these baked standard size though, to eat w/soups and chili.  Just pop them in the oven and in 8 minutes you have delicious cheesy garlic biscuits.  You can even melt butter to go over the top of them if you like.  I've made them both ways and actually prefer no butter on top, but they are delicious both ways.  

However, they can be a major seasonal hazard!  Especially, when you have leftovers to bring back home and munch on all day.

Please be sure and check out more interesting posts at

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon, staying warm and drying out!
Mary

14 comments:

  1. Mary parts of my yard still look like yours! Our back deck was ice but we managed a small pathway on it yesterday. More melting today I hope. I have made those biscuits using the regular mix and adding my own cheese, but this looks easier. I will try it! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I hear about cleaning up decks and shoveling snow it makes me happy to live in California. Even though I'm a little jealous about how gorgeous it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our yard is still ice to but only in the back. Can we all say springtime? I think we have had enough cold weather. Maybe you will be able to get on your porch by next weekend. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont envy you guys with all of that snow. I live in AZ so it never snows here I dont think I could deal with it. Those biscuits look yummy I will have to try some. Stay warm!!

    ~Allyson~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are dodging pratfalls at every turn. Have a great week! La

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you caught a bit of a cold, no fun at all. The biscuits look great, my own hazard today... PB&J Cupcakes-oh boy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, those look TOO good! Yikes! I could eat the whole plate. LOL!

    I'm so sorry you're battling the crud. I hope and pray that you get over it fast. The trick is to take good care of yourself on the front end, drink lots of water, etc. I am using some sort of saline (sp) solution to try to help me get over the tail end of this. Don't overdo, though, and take good care of yourself.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT seasonal Sundays post idea. Seasonal hazards... so many of them. I do believe those cheese biscuits would be too much of a hazard to have around here. I'm still trying to resist (poorly, I might add) the candy at my mother's house. Good grief...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better! Your snow pictures are pretty! Stay warm! XOXO ~Liz

    P.S. Thank you for the sweet comment on my floral post. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather! Hope you're feeling better soon! Wow, what a lot of snow! I'm just amazed at all I'm seeing in Blogland! Those biscuits look so good and I have made these. I made to pop into the store and buy a package! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post. I'm glad you've been avoiding the seasonal hazards! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. We just got anothe big bunch of fresh snow. I am okay with that just because at least it covers the old dirty snow. LOL
    This time when I stopped by, I remembered to become a follower of this new blog. I forgot last time. LOL Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is nothing like feeling bad this time of year! Hope you are better soon! We have so much snow that I'm sure it will never melt!! Thanks for stopping by! Those biscuits look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary you are funny, sorry you were sick. Nyquil is a lifesaver. We still have a tad of snow in the woods...it looks ugly now though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!