Sunday, March 6, 2011

Who is your Rock?

"See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."  - Romans 10:33

"See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed." - Isaiah 28:16

 
I thought I might start with these verses as a "building" point to begin sharing the love of Jesus.  I felt like it would be good to start here to point out and remind us about the importance of trusting in Jesus.


  We are shown here in both the old and new testaments that Jesus is to be the rock of our foundation as Christians, he is the cornerstone.  We are also assured in both of these verses that when we put our trust in Jesus we will not stumble or be dismayed. 

 Knowing that Jesus is the precious cornerstone given for us to build our faith upon, wouldn't you like to know more about who he is? 

 I often use the term "He is my rock!" to describe my husband because that is how strongly I feel about him and our relationship.  I am reminded today that I already have a rock provided by God that is the first and foremost.  It is upon this rock that all other stones can rest securely and build upon.  Do I convey that message often to others?  Do you?  Who is your rock? 


Thanks for "Sharing Jesus" with me today, I do appreciate your visit and hope you have a very blessed afternoon!
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I think it is just wonderful that you are doing this series! The other day my son asked me who I loved the most. And I told him that I loved God first...and then our family. And yet, even as I said those words I heard that Voice asking, "really?" Do I just say that I love Him the most or do I really keep Him as my cornerstone and put Him above all else, even my hubby and kiddos? Totally convicting! I'm praying that my heart and my life will be a reflection of just Who is the Rock on which I stand rather than just words that come out of my mouth because they sound "Christiany-y". Thanks again for sharing from your heart with us, my friend! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa has said it so much for eloquently than I could but that is my desire. That God is first and everything else follows. And if He is our Rock then everthing else is built on that foundation. All other stones (like our husbands :) ) rest on the one true Rock.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!