Thursday, March 31, 2011

Raymond Waites and Lenox Tablescape

I don't know how many times I have been taught the lesson, but I do think it is sinking in.  What's the lesson?  Well, it is that patience pays off!

  I truly believe this is a life lesson that God really wants me to learn for some reason.  I won't bore you with the details of why I believe this, but trust me it is definitely one I am being taught!

Do you remember a few weeks ago I showed you these kitchen towels I found that I was going to make into place mats?  Sure you do! Well, here they are!

Pretty good job, huh?  LOL!  Sike!!!

Well, I just couldn't believe that those gorgeous Raymond Waites kitchen towels did not also come in place mats and I was right!  Woohoo!

I am so glad I waited before cutting up that kitchen towel.  I finally went to another Tuesday Morning across town this week and look what I found.  Place mats and napkins in this beautiful pattern.  It is part of the  Chelsea Home Collection by Raymond Waites.  I just knew they had to have made them! There is also an oven mitt set and apron that coordinates with this as well.

I was so thrilled to have found this I just had to set a table scape, wouldn't you?


I decided to use the Butlers Pantry Gourmet dinner dishes...

...combined with the Butlers Pantry Buffet salad plates.

Just look how cute these napkins are against the Lenox china.  Love it!

There has never been a minute I have ever regretted painting these metal napkin rings white.  I got them for .50cents at a yard sale last year.  This is a great tip for old napkins rings, always think about repainting them and how that would look.  It really can change your whole perspective on them.


I like how my Oneida stainless has just enough floral pattern to coordinate well with these place mats also.


I liked the crystal for this setting because it doesn't compete so much. 

For my centerpiece, I put together a spring floral arrangement.

The shutter board base I used came from Old Time Pottery purchased last summer.  I have the flowers in another vase that is sitting inside of this as I didn't want to make it a permanent arrangement.

The flowers are nothing special.  I am always amazed at what you can put together with just a few bucks from the DT.  They even seem to look much better after getting them home, try it, I highly recommend it. 

I also have a few more goodies to share with you.

Like my Butlers Pantry salt and pepper shakers. 

And this cute white iron birds nest candle holder.  Isn't that a sweet little birdie perched on the side?

But surprise, surprise!  Look what else I can do with these place mats.

I can reverse them to use a different pattern on the back, or mix and match as I have done here.



Fresh and Springy right?  I just love mixing all sorts of textiles and textures.

And here's the best news.  If you love Raymond Waites fabrics Tuesday Morning has lots of other colors and patterns in stock right now to choose from.  I was told not all stores get the same things in, so if you live near more than one you may want to check them both.

Thanks for stopping by today for
and I hope you will let me know if you did.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
Mary

10 comments:

  1. Oh they really are gorgeous. So glad you found them. Pretty color and gorgeous pattern. Your tablescape is stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I am so glad you checked another Tuesday morning! Those are gorgeous. I know last year I found some April Cornell items on deep clearance at several Ross stores! Love your china also. Gorgeous table. The bird candle holder is one of my favorites things on the table. Such a cute addition. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just typed a long winded comment, and then my blogger did something odd with it when I tried to post. Just in case it actually DID post, I won't post it again.

    I'll just say that I love, love the linens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you must be living right, to score exactly what you were looking for like that! I am heading to Tuesday Morning ASAP to see if ours has anything like these gorgeous placemats and napkins! Your table is so pretty for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is absolutely beautiful Mary-love it! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, oh, OH, how I love this. The colors and patterns in that fabric just makes my heart flutter. It's adorable. This table is one of my favorites. Great job! Just so cute!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring table, Mary. I love those placemats and napkins...so many different colors you can use with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary this is so very pretty. I love all the happy colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seriously lovin' the placemats & napkins. The colors are some of my favs & would be so perfect with several of my mixed Fiesta Ware dishes. So terrific that they are reversible!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in lust...I mean love!

    Raymond Waites always designs such beautiful things. What a lucky find. Your tablescape is such a charming nod to spring. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!