Friday, March 25, 2011

Have I got "THE BLUES" for you!

I'm late! I'm late, for a very important date!  No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!  Please forgive me for being so tardy to the party Mrs. Doo's but it has been one crazy week! 

Late Tuesday afternoon my youngest son had another car accident.  Thank God there were no injuries this time other then the car which will now have to be replaced as it is totalled, again.  Can we say...stressed out!!! 
In addition to dealing with  insurance adjustor's,
rental cars, an appointment with the oral surgeon, my new business and my daily chores, I have had very little time.  In fact, I just got home this afternoon from picking up an in law who needed a ride back to town after flying into an upstate Airport. No, I don't exactly live upstate, more in the middle...but I do love my family..so, such is life! 

I would have loved to have shown you a finished project this week because I actually worked on this last week and had intended to finish it up this week, but that just didn't happen, so here's what I got.

Here's my straggler, sitting here waiting on a paint job.

  That's the color I decided to go with on my outdoor table this year, Bahama Sea.  I was thinking about how I really needed to give my old iron table a new coat of black this year as I do every so often, then thought to myself, now why do I have to do black?

So as you can see, I did not do black this year!

It is actually a very pretty blue that you cannot see very well in these photos because it is too late in the afternoon to really get a good shot.

I really tried but it ain't gonna happen! 

Besides, I really am not too excited to let you see what this porch is really looking like right now.  We have been overloaded with pollen this past week too and everything is a complete mess!


My newly painted table will match the little stand I painted the same color last summer.  Do you remember that?  Of course you do!

In fact, I am really thinking of playing up the whole blue theme this year all over the porch. 

I already had these items on the porch so I'd say I'm well on my way after I get rid of all the yellow.

 I purchased this little sign not too long after Christmas.


It's the perfect reminder of what a porch is for !

I think the blue will also help to promote a feeling of relaxation and calmness.
Don't you?  I think you do!  Because, I couldn't help but take a peek at the party before I posted and I am seeing ALOT of blue out there this year!  Great minds think alike, right?
Either that or we are all waaayyyy to stressed out and all needing to RELAX!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend doing just that and have fun at Debbiedoo's Color Partay!
Thanks for dropping in!
Mary

13 comments:

  1. Love it! Your table and chairs look great blue!
    LOL about the pollen on your deck. I thought it was just distressing on the boards! Speaking of your deck... is the floor of your deck stained a gray color? It definitely goes with the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it Mary...tha tis one of my favorite colors. Sorry to hear about your son, thank god he is OK. Thanks for joining my color partay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everyone (but the car) is ok! Gotta say they are the cutest little chairs, I think the blue will be beautiful and yes, very relaxing-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is good! I love your little table - looks like an old record stand. I have an ugly green rusty wrought iron table - maybe she'll go blue this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another accident? Well, at least he's okay!

    Funny, I just came from someone else's blog and they were spray painting and saying they couldn't show us the whole porch until pollen season is over and it gets cleaned up.

    I love all the color options we have over the typical black, white and green!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary...your pale blue is going to make for such a serene outdoor spot! I love it!!
    Today I was just getting out some of my Spring items & I have lots of that pale, turqoise-ish blue shade in my accessories. I'm trying to pull it all together.

    I'm relieved to learn your son wasn't hurt in the car accident. Added a few gray hairs for you, I'm sure. Whew!!

    Take your time to catch your breath & rest a bit. I'm just finally getting around to visiting all my friends after getting back from vacation. We'll wait for ya'!!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...teenagers and cars! Glad he is OK. Love that blue color and hopefully you will get it done. Oh and that yellow pollen drives me crazy also. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very glad your son is okay. How do we ever survive our kids growing up? Maybe in light of all that's happened, you might want to pay close attention to that wooden placque that says "Relax" -- I saw it sitting on a chair or bench. We should all probably pay closer attention to life's simpler pleasures in order to better cope with the stresses. On my header, I have the word "Breathe" & I have to remind myself to do just that. I truly wish you & your family the best.

    I really like the blue table & I know the chairs are going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hate the teenage driving stage, been there, so glad he is ok.
    I love what you did with the table and chairs Mary! It looks so fresh and fun!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done, Mary! I'm sorry to hear about the accident...glad your son is ok....whew! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new color -pops with color and happiness!! I'm your newest follower-stop over for a visit! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blue is perfect! It makes me think of your lovely blue umbrella that got wind swept last year! I miss your umbrella! It was so summery to me, but that awesome blue table is bringing it all back! Looks great! Thank goodness your baby is o.k. Has he been banned from driving yet?!? :-) Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!