Friday, March 5, 2021

Simple St. Patricks day Vignette

 Hi Again! I really do enjoy St. Patrick's day, I really do y'all!  But, I'm not gonna lie, decorating for St. Patrick's day is a bit a challenge for me.  It's one of those holidays that for me does not require I decorate the entire home. Because it falls in between when I would typically be pulling out spring décor and prepping for Easter décor so I struggle. I am still debating if I will create a St.Pattys day tablescape to enjoy this year.  I have a lot going on right now so if I do it may look rather simple.  But sometimes simple is simply fine, right?  I think so!

This year when I pulled out my St. Patty's day décor I noticed one thing.  I have woefully a very small amount.  Most of what I have is centered around tablescaping.  I have adorable placemats, napkins, and embroidered towels.  But not much as far as knick knacks go.  This is fine with me because I prefer less knick knacks these days.

This year I decided to focus on my kitchen shelves where I enjoy changing out the décor for different holidays and seasons. I had already brought out my greenery with burlap covered pots. I love those little plants bought years ago.  When originally purchased they did not have the burlap on them.  I added that years ago and still love, love, love the look.  When setting up my vignette I decided I really like having this new cutting board on the middle shelf so it stayed as well as the metal container with flowers on top.  These two pictures above are what I thought I would share.  When creating this post I noticed that the top shelf looked so unportioned to the rest of display.  It didn't look quite that off when looking at in person but in a picture it looked so off to me so I added a few dishes to balance the look.


So there you go!  Much better now right?  I think so.  I've had these cute little cabbage leaf plates for awhile now but always seem to forget about them when the perfect season rolls around to use them.  I love how the brown background trim works well with the cutting board below.

The adorable little leprechauns are actually floral picks and I would definitely say they are vintage.  I say that because I have owned them for a very long time, and they are chipping their paint color but I still love them! 
I just picked up this cute little wooden shamrock yesterday at Joann's. I was there for some fabric and saw their St.Patrick's day décor was 60% off so I browsed a bit.  I also purchased the glittery floral pick with the three open shamrocks.  I think I may have a thing for floral picks.  They are inexpensive and work great when you just want a small touch of  seasonal whimsey. 

On the top of my hutch, I decided to display this adorable glass tray I've owned for quite some time. It rarely gets used but I love it!  I'm not sure why but for me it's one of those feel good pieces that just makes me smile.  So why not display?  


Finally, this little bunch of Hydrangea greens is another old trick that I've used for several years now.  Still works for me to celebrate this holiday.  I'm not hitting it out of the park I know, but guess what, it makes me smile to see this crazy green collection of stuff I already own.  Isn't that what decorating should be all about, enjoying the things you love?  I think so!

Thanks so much for popping by! Hope you enjoyed the little leprechauns smiling at you like I do. Mostly I wanted to share the idea to always use what you love, and what you brings you joy!
Have a great Friday!
Mary












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!