Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Tablescape 2016

Hallo Everyone!  It's that time of year when strange things begin to lurk around!   It's a little bit spooky, but a little bit fun here at The Decorative Dreamers house.  Once again I find myself under the spell of a very adorable and decorative tablescape.


fullsizerender-1


How about you?  Do you enjoy decorating for Halloween?  I used to do a lot more then I do now.  With my sons being older and out of the house and no trick or treaters anymore, I find myself still wanting to join in on the fun.  So instead of focusing on outside decor I focused on creating an indoor treat for us instead.


img_8948-1


This years tablescape began with my napkins.  I've had these checked fringe napkins for quite awhile now and since I have a boatload of them I figured I could spare a few.  I decided they would be the perfect background to showcase my carved pumpkin initial applique.  Isn't this just the cutest thing? After these turned out so well I wanted to keep stitching.  I love doing appliques and I especially love when I can make items for my own decor to showcase my work.


img_8960-1


Next came the new addition of my table runner.  I found the orange and black buffalo check runner on sale at Ross.  I was thrilled to see that not only was it marked down but that is was a blank canvas that I could customize myself.


img_8951-1


I started with adding this Witch hat initial font to each end of the runner.  This was a freebie font from one my sources.  I love how it looks though I do wish the hat was up a little higher.  Our last name begins with a "K" and this looks like an "R" to me.  Oh well!  It is what it is, right, and it was free so I'm good!  Happy, happy!


img_8949-1


I then decided to center this Boo applique in the middle of the runner.  I love this one! Looks adorable next to my witch boot salt and peppers doesn't it?


 img_8950-1


After adding designs to the ends and the center of my runner I then decided to add two more Jack o lantern appliques in between at an angle.  I also flipped these two designs so this runner would be a great look from all angles of the table.   It was a little more challenging centering and angling both of them equally the same but I got it.  Whoohoo!


img_8954-1


img_8944-1


After I finished the tablerunner it was time to set the table.  I chose to keep my setting a little more simple to keep the focus on my beautiful runner and napkins.  I decided to use only orange chargers and black plates with the napkins.  The chargers I picked up a few years ago, can't remember where, but the black plates are new this year from the dollar tree.  I was pretty happy to see them because I've wanted some black plates for awhile now.


img_8945-1img_8955-1


My hand blown purple goblets were just the right color for this setting and kept with the color theme.  One thing I was very focused on when I made the table runner was keeping all the appliques coordinating with each other.  I can't tell you how many times I looked at other pieces of fabric I had and thought, Oh this would be so cute with that.  Especially on  the candy jack o lantern or the hair bow on the other jack.  I resisted the urge to mix it all up with multiple fabric choices though, and chose to use only four colors; orange, black, purple and green.  I stayed true to keeping it coordinated and now I'm so glad I did!


img_8953-1


The little ghosties were a fun and whimsical choice for my candle holders, though I did manage to add a few votives for a nice glow.  The orangish colored votives were a summer clearance from the $1.00 bins at Michaels.  I love those bargains bins, don't you?


img_8961-1


img_8952-1


After I finished my tablescape I couldn't help but notice how my shelves on the side table that were decorated for Fall just didn't quite match.  So even though I wasn't planning on doing any last minute Halloween decorating I just couldn't stop myself.


img_8956-1


I'm so glad I pulled out my Halloween box.  It's always so enjoyable when you see some of your decor you have forgotten you had.  I knew I wanted to use my witch, aka Miss Abigail, I bought one year while working at SteinMart.  She was a must. I had totally forgotten all about the wreath I made too. I was so excited to see it and even more pleased that it was a smaller size.  I made this wreath smaller one year to sit inside of a simple larger fall wreath of berries so you could easily pull it out when Halloween was over.  That was a great idea, even if the berry wreath didn't last.  LOL!


img_8959-1img_8957-1


 Doesn't Miss Abigail look so cute next to the broom parking sign, bad blood and poison wine mixes?  The witches sign and more ceramic ghosts I've also had for awhile now .  I just love how this side table turned out. So fun!  I had a straw broom propped up here, but had to move it because it was freaking the dog out.  LOL!  Ooops!


Funny, I just noticed I have a rooster sitting here that didn't get moved.  It must have blended in and i didn't see it until the picture.  Oh Lord, I must be loosing my touch!


Well, that's it y'all!  I hope you enjoyed your visit and I hope you have a whimsically wonderful and fun holiday celebration.


Happy Halloween!


Hugs and Waves,


Mary


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!