Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New Wall Groupings

Hi Friends!  Did you think I disappeared again?  Naw!  I've just been really busy jumping back and forth from project to project around here.  I am sure several of you know how that goes, right?  I am reminded of an old friend who's family used to refer to her as popcorn because you she jumped around from subject to subject constantly and you never knew what was going to pop out of her mouth next.  LOL!  True story and seriously how it's been with me and all that I've been juggling around the house.  In addition to reorganizing cabinets, bookshelves, painting, refinishing, and reorganizing my sewing and craft room,learning to embroider, I've also been taking time to ponder on some of my wall spaces.

  I've been scoping out blogs and google for images on wall groupings. I like a lot of what I've seen in regards to Charles Faudree but in some respects I also tend to lean towards a cleaner less cluttered look..   I feel like a lot of what I've been looking at and reading has been the most helpful in helping me to determine "what" to put on the walls.  So with all of that in mind, I've added a few items here and there.


Let's start in the den...Here's how the wall above the mantle in the Living room looked last summer.


  I had actually decided and already purchased what I wanted to add here a few years ago.  But for some reason I held back.  I think it was because maybe the rest of the room had not evolved enough yet for me to feel comfortable adding what I had in mind for this space. 


Here's what I had in mind for this wall,  it's plates of course!  Not just any old plates either, but beautiful sea blue and green Mediterranean style plates.



I cannot believe I waited so long to add these.  I am so glad I finally did though, what a difference.  They really add just the right amount of color and definition to the space.



Now for the other side of the room, my nautical corner.  This is how it looked last summer.


 And this is how it looks now.  I've always had this picture with the blue matting of the lighthouse on the wall here above the lantern.  I did move it over towards the corner just a bit more.


The main difference now is that I added the photograph of the lighthouse to the wall as well instead of having it here in front of the lantern.  I loved moving that picture on the wall because now it gave me space to bring in another favorite photo of mine of a sailboat from a Charleston artist.

One of the things I like most that I learned about doing wall groupings was to focus on a theme or something of that sort, especially when using pictures. 

Lastly, let's take a look at one more area that got a new wall grouping update.  This is the foyer last Easter. This photo was taken before it got the new paint job shortly after.


 And here's the foyer now!  Not only did I switch out the lamps yet again, but I added another set of mirrors.

I already had these mirror and they were just sitting upstairs in my craft room unused because I didn't like them where I originally had them.  I had even been frustrated every time I saw them sitting there because I couldn't find the exact spot to use them.  I had been focusing on using them as single accent pieces somewhere.  Not as part of a whole group. 

  I love them as part of this grouping.  I am still tweaking the rest of the foyer décor, but it will get there.  I'm holding out for Valentines décor for this space.


I hope you enjoyed this post and can see how sometimes adding groups of things can totally update the look.  I am well pleased with my choices and am enjoying them without feeling like I cluttered things up too much.  Thank you all for sharing your wall groupings because it really helped me to be able to focus on my choices as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Hugs and Waves,
Mary










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!