Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas coffee table

Good Morning Friends!  How is your Christmas decorating going?  I have been going full swing since the week prior to Thanksgiving and I'm not done yet.  Yes, I know it's quite a lot but I have to say I am enjoying every moment of it.  Yesterday, I was able to do some of my most favorite type of decorating.  I love adding greenery, santas and ribbons all around the house and tweaking vignettes.  I probably enjoy doing this more then putting up the trees.  


Yesterday, I finalized a few tweaks on the coffee table vignette.


A few months back I went a little crazy over two sets of hurricane vases.  I found a set of solid glass Hurricane vases at Home Goods just after I had already ordered these two hurricane vases with grey wicker bases from Pier One online.  I was thinking one set might be returned but then after having them all home and seeing how I would use each set and thinking about the deal I got on both sets, I decided to keep them all.





I'm so glad I kept this set too, I absolutely love them!  I decided to add a combination of the new ribbons I used in the den on the tree with some of the twine I had already added to these vases for my fall decorating.  For this look I simply cut a few small strips of the cheetah and the plaid ribbons then cut points on each end and layered them and tied in onto the vase with the twine.  I then added the twine bow on top of the ribbons.  Love this look!


The next thing I decided to do was to add some filler.  I chose to use these fake snow flakes for a little winter time fluff and sparkle.  I still need to remove the wrapper on my red candles.  I usually wait to do this on scented candles until just before burning them so I don't loose too much of the scent prior to burning them.  Do any of you do the same?


The final tweak on this vignette came with adding greenery nestled in this ornament candy dish.  I knew I wanted to add some greenery to my vignette and decided I liked the look of this frosted ivy.  I didn't like the way it looked just wrapped around the bases and laying on the coffee table so I looked for something to put it in.  I had several baskets and vases I was going to use before I remembered this little candy dish.  This dish is one of my oldest and most favorite decor pieces and had a sweet little lid that looked like the top of an ornament.  Unfortunately I broke the lid the other day getting it down out of the cabinet.  I didn't have the heart to throw the base away so I set it aside.  I am so glad I did since I now have a new purpose for the dish.  No more peanut M&M's for it.  It still is just a pretty as ever though, don't you think?



Again, I have to apologize for the quality of these photos as I am still using my phone.  I spent a great deal of time last night trying to upload and download and edit photos on my chromebook which sends them into google pictures which I still can't figure out how to add text.  I tried sending them over to Picasa and was limited on what I could do there as well.  I am sure all of this is due to being on a Chromebook as opposed to a true laptop.  It really was very time consuming with downloading and uploading and finally I just decided this morning to stick with my phone for now to get me through holiday postings.  Soooo, I hope you don't mind!





The den tree and mantle are done as well and I will follow up with a post on them soon.  I love sharing seasonal decor and seeing all of yours as well.  I always see something someone shares and it inspires me not to duplicate exactly but to do something similar or sends me in a whole new direction of something to try in my own home.  That's what its all about and that's why I'm still here sharing with you too.


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and take a peek today.  Maizey says Hello as well!


Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Your coffee table is so inviting - I love ALL of your vases, lol! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary- I could not find a direct email for you but wanted you to know that I so appreciate your concern for my husband and your offer of prayer for all of us. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!