Monday, January 27, 2014

Free to be Me!

Yes! I finally did it! I am free! I have decided to make this blog private! I am not sure whether any of you can see this or not (or even want to at this point) but I feel the need to clarify...even if only for myself.

I have closed this blog to private in order to get out of the box.  The box was too confining.  I felt as if I had not only to "show" what was acceptable to the masses, but I had to post within a set of standards that was just too confining for me.  I do not like some of the cliques and etiquette rules that stifle me

 However, the most confining rule of etiquette that I am done with is the thought that I should be blogging for "you".  I started and continue this blog for me, to share MY life, it's my outlet, my look back on the years, the styles, the thoughts, ect.  This blog is opening up my life, sharing my life, not what I think you will approve of, or want to see, or what you might find interesting.  I am blogging about what I like, what I find interesting, what I want to do...and by golly if you find that interesting then please come along for the ride and let me know if you want to be added to view this blog.  This is the point in which if you have requested to be added to my blog and are reading this and disagree by all means you can stop following me now.  I am a big girl and can handle the fact that other bloggers have different views on blogging.

 You are here because you want to continue seeing my page...not because I expect you to comment or to be anything more then a viewing guest.  I would love for you to comment when you see something you like or can relate too, but only if you truly feel compelled too for that post.  It's okay to peek and run, I have no problems with that.    If we continue to become friends, then I am truly blessed as I hope you will be because you will have now met the real me with my boring self and all.  LOL!

  I reserve the right to accept and disapprove all guests as I see fit from here on.  Please note that I am very mindful of spam, hackers and those who may seem a threat to this blog.    So, if you are request is delayed it may be because I needed more time to feel sure you were legit.

Whew! Well, glad I got this post out there now and it's time to move on!  Can't wait to start blogging about what ever now!  Oh, how I love it....I am free to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. OK, because I can not generally seem to just peek and run, I will stay and comment about both of the posts I haven't read yet. First, I'm with you completely on the restlessness. I am painting some things around here too. Actually, I am FINALLY at a place where I will paint (or not paint) and decorate to suit me and not anyone else.

    It kind of goes with what you said at the beginning of this post. I started blogging for ME and for fun, but somewhere along the line I started feeling lesser than. I felt lesser than in so many areas that it took the joy out of writing and just yakking what is something that I like to do.

    During my blog hiatus, I thought about just going private and continuing to write, but I didn't. I am definitely keeping that option open for the future for me.

    BTW, sorry not to be a good blog visitor during that time. SInce we're all private and all, I guess it's safe to admit that when I couldn't blog myself, it made me kind of anxious to read other blogs. I know that's dumb, but it's the truth.

    I have so much more that I could say on this, but I will just say this: I have learned to just stay away from blogs with a magnetic pull to the doldrums for me. I visit places where I feel the blogger is like me. Maybe she and I don't have the exact same taste, but as to how to live in a home, we think the same. (Meaning that I'm more interested in what is "real" than what is perfect or staged or popular. I'm sick of "popular". For crying out loud, I have been out of high school for 35 years. I don't want to go back. LOL

    Anyway, thank you for letting me continue to peek into your life and home. I actually find you to be someone I would want to sit down and chat with for an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this, so I hope I am still in the fold! There are certain blog friends I would always follow, and you are one of them, Mary.

    xoxoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!