Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkins and Jacks on the Porch

I am doing something a little different on the front porch this year.  Instead of spreading out my jack-o-lanterns on the steps like I always do, I decided to group them all together along with a few other things.


I really love the look of tons of real pumpkins all over a front porch.  Only, I've never been one to buy a bunch of pumpkins for fall.  I guess I'm just kinda cheap like that.  

Soooo..... I decided to use what I have!


I also decided to make a few more pumpkins to go with the ceramic jacks.  I found this orange burlap remnant this summer on clearance at Hancock Fabrics.  I simply filled it with paper wrapped around several wine corks to give it some weight, tied it off with twine and painted the ends green for leaves.  How simple was that, right?


The checked pumpkins were on the $1.00 isle at Target one year and this floral arrangement is one I'm sure you've seen before.  The lantern is a new purchase from Ah, at Home this year.


I am so excited about my new sign.  I just made it this morning.  I was trying to make something to put in my booth to sell but I just can't part with it now.  


I still have 5 more blank slate tiles this size that I purchased from a yard sale one day.  Maybe I will make another one to sell....maybe.

What can I say, I am bad like that.  But, I sure do just love how it turned out though!

I guess you could say I'm ready for fall and Halloween now.
LOL!

I am still searching for a lost box of fall decor.  I am so upset because it has another vine pumpkin, a few of my carved out scroll pumpkins, my pumpkin with words, my fall berry wreath and two of my beautiful blown glass pumpkins.  I have searched this house high and low and cannot find them.  They have to be in the attic still which is crammed full of stuff.  Stuff I need to take to my booth.  Hopefully, I will tackle that project soon. Maybe next weekend.

Thanks for stopping by Y'all!
Have a great week!



8 comments:

  1. Love your new sign, Mary. All looks very fallish and spooky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love your porch! I'm cheap too and though I want a boatload of pumpkins, I never buy them. I would love some of your ceramic ones, and the burlap ones are the perfect compliment. I love the way it all looks on that green table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, I love your porch out decked out in pumpkins and Jacks! I also LOVE your sign you made! I don't blame you for not wanting to part with it. Sometimes I have a hard time letting go of some of the things I make as well. Happy Fall, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Mary, no wonder you can't part with your new sign....it's tooo cute !!! I love all your pumpkins together and by the door makes it very nice. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, I love all of your pumpkins on the porch like that, isn't it fun to do something different with what you have? I can't find a fall swag that I won a few years ago so I know how you feel. I have fall out but not the Halloween things, have a wonderful Oct. 1st.smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Mary! Your collection of Jack-o-lanterns makes a nice impact grouped together like that. Love your slate sign! I would have kept it, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front porch is so cute and fun, Mary! I adore those little terra cotta Jacks with the little hats! I LOVE your pumpkin sign -- you are quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, Mary! Love those hatted pumpkins!
    Where have you been, missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!