Thursday, September 15, 2011

Easy new Fall Decor Creations

The temperatures are dropping, or so I'm told they will be and fall is on it's way.  I  spent yesterday putting out a few of my fall things and putting together a few new fall looks as well.  The candle with shells and the tray of shells on my coffee table has been replaced with a new candle for fall.

I am pretty pleased with this.  You should know I like to keep things fairly clutter free.  This creation fit's the bill for being large enough to be a nice statement and allows me to keep the rest of table clear.

I especially love that I used everything I already had for this as well.  The basket I purchased at a thrift store some time ago and had already spray painted black.

I also had already created the candle last year by adding the small pine cones (prepackaged filler) with the candle wedged in.  I never dissembled it, so was quite pleased to be able to easily center it in the basket.  I used some old books to raise it up level with the side of the basket.

Then I added the beaded fall garland wire I already had.  It is wrapped around the base of the glass.  I gotta have some sparkle and bling in there somewhere!

Finally, I added several branches of fall leaves that I've had forever.  

And there it sits.  I just love it.  Pretty simple, huh?

I put the next arrangement together using mostly everything from the DT.  I am still so amazed at how many cute arrangements that can be put together using things from the DT.

When I found these adorable little metal pumpkin bowls I knew I had to do orange flowers.  I mixed in a few smaller yellow and orange and topped it all off with the brownish pink grass stuff.  Not sure if I am really diggin that so much but it's staying for this year anyway.

And finally, I added a bit of black and white polka dot ribbon to give it one more punch of cuteness.  The ribbon came from Hobby Lobby on sale.  

So there you have it!
Now if that colder weather would just move on in, I'll be all set.

I am linking to the Share Your Creations party at Kristens Creations today.  Be sure and visit the link to see more.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I tend to like a very simple and not cluttered look too, and I think it looks lovely and fallish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall decor,I think I'll try to make the one on the coffee table,I love it!
    ~JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful. I adore your coffee table centerpiece
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I love all your fall touches and arrangements, beautiful! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! Did you get that metal pumpkin from dollar tree? It looks great and I like the wild grass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of them Mary! DT has great things to make for fall and Halloween, you just have to think outside the box sometimes!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the right to touch to celebrate Fall without being consumed by it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and very pretty Mary. You do a great job Fall decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever! I love those metal pumpkins! I just can't get into fall yet. It was 94 here today! I know it is going to cool off this weekend. We will see if the fall inspiration hits me! Yours has!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, Mary! Love the warm colors and the beautiful arrangements you have created....Christine

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!