Monday, April 24, 2017

Feels like Home Again!

Hi Yall! Well, If you caught my post last week you may remember I discussed making a few changes in the den.  If you didn't catch that post you can read it HERE.  One area that I really wanted to focus on was the large wall in my den.  This is how it looked last Monday.


I wasn't happy with they way I had things set up and wanted to make a change.  I got a wonderful suggestion to move the large picture above the the sideboard.  I thought this sounded great because I never even thought of that.   I mentioned I wasn't sure I was going to keep the sideboard in this room.  One thing I did was try out a different piece of furniture, which I really didn't like so I put the sideboard back in this room and then moved the picture.


The idea was to have the picture above the sideboard and to add additional pieces of art over the chairs.  Artwork that could either be stacked or staggered was what I was envisioning.  I even went out shopping but didn't find anything that really inspired me enough to make the leap.



I let this idea test out for a few days and over the weekend but then this morning I knew I just didn't want to give up my trusty mirror that I had here to begin with.  I love mirrors and I especially loved having this one here.  I felt even more compelled to keep this one here for last minute vanity checks (i know that's so bad to say, but true).  You see I've made a few changes in my kitchen over the weekend and one of those changes included getting rid of a mirror I had in there by the coat rack.  

Since I didn't want to be short two mirrors, I decided to move this mirror back where I had it.   A girls gotta be able to check on that lipstick y'all.  Mostly though, I really love this old bamboo mirror and I feel like it actually enhances the casual Mediterranean tropical look I lean towards.


I also swapped a few lamps around in this room to make things a little more balanced.  I moved this crystal lamp over from the side table by the sofa, and that side table now has the large turquoise lamp.  I decided this lamp looked really good here and balanced out the room a little better because it was still a bit too big to remain on the side table in between the chairs without blocking the picture.  You'll see what I mean on that in a bit. 


Next, I pulled out a few more pieces of seasonal type decor and was very pleased with the look.  That's the beauty of having this sideboard in here.  It gives me room to pull out those fun decor pieces and swap them around from time to time.  I still want to replace the table runner shown here and have a few ideas on that.


This is the table where the large Turquoise lamp used to be between the two chairs.  While I really liked having it here I knew it was just a bit too big after I made the decision to move the print back on this wall.  So, I tried the crystal lamp here and decided it was still a bit too big and distracting from the print above.   I decided to dig around upstairs and try out one of my smaller lamps.  This was the ticket, and fit nicely without distracting from the print.


When I decided to put my print back on this side of the wall one thing I did that I hadn't done previously was I centered the picture exactly above the side table.  Previously in last weeks post you can see the picture was more centered on the whole wall itself, more to the right of the chairs.   It was centered there because that is where I use to have our old sofa when we had it on the wall on this side of the room.   The other change I made, or change back in this case was I added the sconces back on each side of the picture.  I say back because that is how I had them when the sofa was here but had moved them on each side of the mirror when I rearranged the furniture.  I think that was what was bothering me the most as seen in last weeks post.   I really didn't like the cluttered loof of the scones on each side of my mirror and really wanted them back on each side of the picture.  The reason I moved the sconces in the first place was because the picture wasn't aligned above the side table and the sconces were in the way with the larger lamps.  Little details like that drive me nuts.  Why oh why I didn't just think to center the print above the table first is a mystery, but oh well.  Maybe I was just being lazy or just being crazy who knows.  LOL!


I am feeling so much more satisfied with the look on this wall now that I paid a little closer attention to the important details.  I didn't want to have to find new artwork, I like what I have.  I didn't want to loose my mirror in here.  I didn't want to loose my palm sconces in here either.  I know the look I enjoy is not a popular or trendy look, but it's what I love and what I enjoy.

And now finally, finally, this room again feels like home!

Today I will be joining the following two parties to share my changes;

Check out the links above to see more inspiring changes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'd love to hear from you if you did, still hoping to reconnect and share a little home decor love with others.

Sending waves,
Mary









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!