Monday, April 17, 2017

Moving back to Blogger

Hey Yall!  Just call me the comeback kid, clown, or blogger.  Either is fine with me!  I've decided to move back to the blogger platform. I know, I know, makeup my mind right?  I did like Wordpress but honestly, it was a bit more difficult for me to navigate and I finally decided I just did not want to invest any more time in trying to figure out how to use it easily.  So.....

source; ibirthapp.com

I am also in the process of trying to import my previous posts from wordpress but for some reason when I try to import them into blogger it is taking a huge amount of time.  Not sure why but if you have any tips please I'd love to hear from you.


Speaking of hearing from you.....Please dear blog friends, I'd love to reconnect.  I say this very sincerely to many of you.  I enjoy posting but like many of you I enjoy it even more when I have others to chat with as well.  So please don't be shy.  If your an old follower or new please let me know your here and lets get reacquainted.  I've never been a mega blogger (many several posts a week) but I'm going to try to be a bit more active now that I've decided to come back to blogger.  I think a lot of what has been holding me back has been it was just too difficult and (time consuming) to get a post out when I had to reteach myself how every single time.  LOL!  I gave it a try, it didn't work for me, enough said.  Moving on!

Speaking of moving, I've moved a few things around in the den lately and well let's just say it's a work in progress.

We recently purchased a new reclining sofa for our den.  I can't tell you how much I went all over the place to find just the right look.  Long story short I wanted one that looked like a traditional sofa and wanted one that I could pick out the fabric and colors.  I finally found just the right one and had a wonderful amount of support from my FB friends in helping to choose the color for my den. I had several options that would have been the perfect fit and no other changes needed but of course I didn't go that way.  I chose the color for the sofa that I knew would last me over the long haul.  In case your not sure because of your computer screen, yes, this is a light grey.  Not too light but not too dark either.  It's a perfect neutral for the room.

We purchased this sofa solely for the placement in front of the TV.  Terrible idea for those of you who do not center your decor around the TV, I know, I get that, but we are not those people.  We have one very large rectangular den and though it serves as my primary room to decorate it also serves as our TV room.    We wanted a reclining sofa we could place off the wall front and centered in front of the TV.
As you can see here it is not exactly centered in the room or centered perfectly in front of the TV but it's close enough.  I had to have one of my tables next to it for lighting and remotes and all that.  The sofa is pulled over a bit closer to the wall which left room on the other side for pass through traffic.  Also this reclining sofa is a power sofa so it needs a plug in.  If your like us and you haven't looked at recliners in quite awhile your in for a treat.  These things have come a long way baby!

  In case you are also wondering about the wall color in here, no I have no plans to change that.  These pictures really don't quite show you the true color as I'm not the best photographer.  I absolutely love the wall color which is a pale yellowish, cream color.  It really coordinates so much better then what these photos show.  Trust me on that one, that's not what I need to replace.

I do want to replace this club chair with a pop of color accent chair.  Haven't seen anything yet that say's yes.  I also am still trying to picture in my mind what that accent color and style might be.  Would love to hear your suggestions on that, in color and style.

 As you can see in this photo the accent chair will sit next to the fireplace.

Hard to tell but the fireplace is centered in the room and very large.  I don't like blocking my fireplace with furniture as we actually use it.  I tend to keep it as a focal point and work around it with the placement of everything else.

 On the short wall I have our TV and console flanked by two rattan style chairs.  This will remain this way unless hubs gets a bigger TV and then the console will need to be bigger too.  

On the opposite side of the room from the fireplace are my two bamboo chairs.  These are in a gold tone fabric that is in great shape.  I may want to make replacement covers for them but for now I've decided just to use pillows to pull it together more.  The grey and teal look very pretty on the gold. I think I'm okay with the placement of these chairs and the sideboard but thats where I'm struggling a bit.  Also the large picture on the wall seems like something is missing as well.  I used to have the sconces on each side of the picture when the sofa was on this wall so maybe that's whats bugging me.  I moved the sconces over the mirror because they would have been in the way of the lamp.  

This is the main thing I've been wrestling with since I moved it in here.  I moved it from the foyer and before that from the dining room.  I am just thinking I don't care for it in here.  I have other pieces that might work better but I'm tossing that idea around.  I feel like it's too french provincial looking for the rest of this room.  Or is just placement, IDK. What do you think?

Here's the final long shot of this room.  Behind the sofa is a small round table that hubby and I enjoy eating dinner at in the evenings.  I did say we liked our TV didn't I?  Well, there you go.  I feel like I've gotten a good start on this room but I definitely feel like I've got loads more I could do to improve.  I love hearing tips and suggestions so please, speak up.  It's always wonderful to hear ideas from a fresh perspective.  

Sharing this on Metamorphosis Monday because I really need more advice and I'm happy I can finally figure out how to hook up to a party again now that I'm back on blogger.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope your having a wonderful Monday!
Love to hear from ya again,
sending waves,
Mary