Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall Mantle 2011

Yay!  We definitely have cooler weather today! How about you?  Fall has finally arrived and I sure hope it hangs around for awhile.  Yesterday, I showed you a few fall arrangements I've been working on and I'm still at it today.   I also went to Michaels yesterday and came home with several fall picks of all kinds.  I'll be working on revamping my fall wreaths today.  I just love when I get an inspiring idea, don't you?  But you'll have to come back to see that later.  Today I'm showing you my fall mantle.

I do apologize for the photos y'all!  I am back to using my camera.  I was using the Mr's yesterday because I'm having a few issues with mine, but he has his with him this morning so this is all I got.  If you read yesterday's post you know that I'm feeling very streamline with my decor this year.  

I worked on this mantle for several hours the other day, only to pull much of it right back off.  I think it has to do with where this mantle is in our room (centered on the long side wall) that makes me want to back off of putting too much on it.  It just overwhelms me when it's too much.  Since this is the only den we have, I've got to be able to sit in there without cringing so this is as heavy as it gets. Well, for this year anyway!  :))

I used these black and white plates last year and absolutely loved it so I knew they were coming back this year.

I found these adorable checked pumpkins in the Target dollar isle last year after another blogger showed some she had purchased.  The orange pumpkin with leaves was part of a three pack from Ross? or Marshall's?  The small filigree pumpkins were from Hobby Lobby.

I just recently purchased four of these lanterns on clearance from Lowe's for $1.50 each.  Can you believe that?  I know crazy!  I wanted to buy a whole pallet of them.  LOL!  Anywho, here's a few of the picks that I purchased yesterday from Michaels.  One is a glittery leaf pick and the other is pumpkin and pine cones.

I added a few older small leaves I had and ribbon to my candle sconces.


The other side is basically the same except for the filigree pumpkin is a different color.




Well that's my 2011 fall mantle!
Hop on over and check out more


I'm really getting in the fall spirit now and loving this cooler weather.
What a blessing!

Thanks for stopping by today!


6 comments:

  1. Very nice, Mary. Stop over when you can. I just did a fall post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Mary! Just finished mine up as well today. I have those same picks I bought yesterday LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks wonderful I love the black and white check pumpkins, such a great touch with all of the fall colors. Very pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel is so pretty, I love the black in the things that you used and the mirror is gorgeous, I've been looking for one like that! Love the checked ribbon too!
    I'm having a Ramsign giveaway on my blog PLEASE stop over and join in!

    Have a great fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so Fallish and pretty at your house.
    Love the checked pumpkins and your new lantern. You got some great deals there!
    I have the inside done now I just need to post some pics.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary,
    Happy Fall! Sorry I haven't stopped over in awhile, we've been so busy, but I'm back now! ;) I love all your fall touches. Your mantle looks great. I love all your pumpkins and the lanterns, too! I want some just like that! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I love the post below, too, well done! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!