Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Fruit Tablescape

Good Morning!  What a wonderful day it is here!  The sky's have opened up and it's raining a bountiful blessing all over our freshly planted sod.  That makes me very happy!

I  feel so thankful for quite a bit lately!  After finishing my setting for Tablescape Thursday today, I stood back and looked at it and couldn't help but think how much it reminds me about the fruits of the spirit. I think setting a pretty tablescape for those you love is definitely a reflection of the fruit of the spirit.  It's even more fun when you create one that actually reflects that message.  Now, I don't seriously think the Mr. will really pick up on all that y'all, but at least I can and maybe you too!

These photos are going to be a little dark because it's quite overcast today.

That's why I decided to make a centerpiece out of my electric candle.

I think it's kinda romantic too!


Here's my setting! I brought out quite a bit of layers for this one. 

I started with my brown crochet place mats.  

Then added a bamboo charger.

The dinner plates are from my everyday dishes.

 I  then added a burgundy salad plate to give this setting more contrast and add a touch of fall color.

That was topped off with one of my everyday salad/dessert dishes.

My dinner napkins have fruit on them also.  It's hard to see in these photos but they actually have a blackish brown background.

I couldn't help myself, I just had to bring this bamboo flatware back out.  I just love this set.  If you don't have any yet.  You really should get some!  They literally go well with so much!

I finally got a chance to bring out the green goblets I've been itching to use this time of year.

Here's how they all stacked up!

Here's a few closeups of the centerpiece I put together on our lazy susan.  

I added a fruit candle ring to the light then mixed in a a small fall garland of flowers...

...and surrounded that with several ceramic pumpkins to add to the mix.


A little cream and sugar...

...along with salt and pepper and we're all set!



Placemats; Tuesday Morning
Chargers; Thrift store
Dinner & Salad Plate; Ross, pattern: Market Basket
Burgundy Salad; Pier 1 (from Goodwill)
Napkin; Tomlinson's Warehouse
Napkin Ring; Lenox Outlet
Flatware; Home Goods
Goblets; Walmart (Better Homes & Garden)
Cream & Sugar; Yardsale
Salt & Pepper; Cracker Barrel
Fruit Candle Ring; Home Interiors
Floral Garland; Michaels
Ceramic Pumpkins; Hobby Lobby & Dollar Tree


Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you have a wonderful afternoon, rain or shine!





13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It really put me in the mood for fall, but it is so hot still here in Huntsville, AL! I keep trying to pull out my fall wardrobe and I am just roasting in jeans with this humidity! :D

    Over from BNOTP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is fabulous and I so agree, some won't get the message, but it is a beautiful reminder. Great post. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this setting. My favorite is the napkins. I am always on the lookout for print napkins (and too lazy to sew them!). Great stack of dishes and that bamboo flatware really would go with almost any setting. What a cheeful kitchen even on an overcast day!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is beautiful, Mary! So warm and inviting. I LOVE your every day dishes. They are so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary..simple and elegant! Now I wish I had cleared off my table..lol
    Lovely, just lovely! You did GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this table setting. I want some of that flatware so much. I keep looking and one of these days I will find it for a price I can live with! Great centerpiece also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, it is really lovely. I totally get the "message" from it too. I love all of your choices, especially the brown crochet placemats and that flatware. We have some of them, and I agree that they just finish a fall table perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am slowly learning that my favorite tablescapes are the ones with dishes that complement each other but don't match! This is a beautiful example of how rich looking they can be! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is very pretty, Mary. I love the mix of color and pattern on the plates and love your centerpiece....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table looks lovely, love the brown crocheted placemats, and the napkins are very pretty too. The whole table looks lovely, and since it is a table for 2, has to be a bit romantic right???

    Blessings for a Fabulous Fall!
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall table, Mary...I love this time of year with all the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice table for a rainy, overcast day! I'm sure that even if your hubby didn't immediately pick up on the spirit of the setting, he felt something...the love that was put into it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Simple, but with so many lovely layers.
    I love the centerpiece, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!