Monday, August 24, 2015

Sailing Season Returns Tablescape

Hi Blog Decor Friends!  I know most of you are probably eager to be moving on to the Fall season with all it's rich crisp decorating colors right?  Well, I would be too if I wasn't also enjoying the last fruits of the summer season from a sailing perspective.  So, I hope you'll slow down for just a bit today and take a little trip with me first.  You see there is another season in the south if you are a lake sailor.  It's the season when all the heavy heat and stillness of summer begins to subside and the winds begin to pick up again just ever so slightly.


It's called the Return of Sailing Season. Truth be known we sailing fans of the south enjoy sailing almost all year long.   However everyone knows that the best times to sail in the south is usually in the cooler temps.   But....some of us fair weather wives are a little more selective in our enjoyment of the sailing season.


Some of us prefer days that are warmer but not as turbulent that lend themselves towards a more summery type season with just the hint of cooler breezes.

  
We are lake people but we dream of oceanic voyages while were out on the open waters.




We dream of warm bubbly waters ripe with windy currents and cool breezes to fill our sails.



We are not quite ready to let go of the warmth of summer but enjoy the allure of the season to come.




Finally, in celebration of that short window of time where summer ends and fall begins I have pulled together a tablescape I hope represents the best of both season.  Can't you just picture a hopeful maiden waiting among the cliffs of the lighthouse for the return of her sailor man?  I sure can.  LOL!  Ok, so maybe I've been reading just a tad too many romantic novels this summer!




Oh Well!  I may be dreaming here, but yeah, that's what I do.  (smile)
Thanks for stopping by and for taking a little voyage here with me into my world!
Happy Sailing Friends!
Mary

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Mary! I wanted to tell you that I like the name banner you posted on Facebook. Our last name is Keeling...so close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I've never sailed, Mary, you paint a very enticing picture! Your table is so fun and charming.....and here's to never being accused of reading too many romantic novels!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!