Sunday, March 8, 2015

Frenchy Foyer

Hey All!  Waaaay back in January I promised to share my shinys with you all so here they are!

I have been cultivating a new look in the foyer this year which all started when I moved my painted black sideboard from the dining room into the foyer.  

Please ignore the painted swatchs on the wall.  Remember I did say I was still cultivating this look.  I just can't decide what color I want in my entry way, but I wanted you to see the runner that I added on top of the sideboard.  I already had the runner when I bought the rooster one for the kitchen and was thrilled to see how inviting it looked here.


The next item I added was this wooden sign that carries three of my most favorite words of inspiration. I first bought one in unfinished wood and then when I got home realized the black would compliment the sideboard.  So, I finally made it back and swapped it out for the painted black sign, no work required.  LOL!


 Then the next additions to arrive were the matching pair of candlesticks.

Can you believe after all these years of working home decor retail this is my first pair of mercury glass candlesticks?  Well, they are!   I found these on the clearance isle at TJ Maxx after christmas and immediately fell in love with them though I had no clue where I would put them.  My guess is someone returned them after Christmas.    I was sold by the combination of bling around the edge on top of the mercury glass.  They are just beautiful!

One afternoon while at Hobby Lobby I came across these magnetic lamp shade crystals.  Now I just love crystal and shiny things, and they were on sale so I was sold.

And finally just this past week I purchased the faux lavender bush and postscript pitcher on sale at Michaels.  I was blown away by all the beautiful home decor groupings they have this year.  There sure is lots of cute stuff.  If you haven't dropped in to a Michaels dept. store lately this is a great time to do so.  You will be so excited!

I have been in love with lavender for so long.  I love real lavender, dried lavender, faux lavender, whatever!  I am glad to see it has become so popular and is easily found almost everywhere now.

When I saw this adorable postscript pitcher I knew I had to have it to be one of the final things to pull together the look I have been working on.  The bonus was I knew the lavender would work well inside of it.  The whole look combined with the fleur de lis runner, peacocks and mercury glass bling all just seem so frenchy to me.  Do you think so too?

I also have one more big thing to share with you.  After pulling this look together this past week I also entered a giveaway for a trip for two to Paris at Michaels.  When I was checking out I got a flier that told me about the giveaway.  You have to create a French inspired theme using there products and share your picture and they will pick a winner from those.  Wow!  Wouldn't that be a blast to win!  Even more cool for me because I really wasn't even trying to pull this together for the contest but was simply putting it together as I went.  

Well, regardless of the contest I love how the foyer has come together so far.  I am still not feeling the right decision on the foyer color yet but am leaning towards a pale watery sea blue of some sort.  Any ideas on that are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by friends!  
Have a great week!






1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful, Mary. You did a nice job of pulling everything together. I am glad to see you here-I was beginning to think you ran away from home.
    Hope you have a great Sunday AND that you WIN the trip to Paris. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!