Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nothin says Lovin....

...Like something from the oven!

The holidays are a great time to share some homemade goodness. 

And spread a little sunshine!

When was the last time you baked homemade oatmeal cookies?  It's been quite a while for me.  I have to say these turned out so much better then I ever remembered.  This recipe was straight off the top of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats.


Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins.

I followed this recipe fairly close with only a few exceptions.  I didn't use salt and my sugars were slightly altered.  The biggest change I made was I used dark chocolate morsels instead of raisins, because my family is picky like that!  LOL!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Looking forward Honoring and remembering all those you gave so much for our freedom!
God Bless each of you!



3 comments:

  1. I don't usually comment on recipes because I tend to avoid reading them. I seem to put on weight just looking at the pics. But, I love a good oatmeal cookie and haven't baked them for years. I might just try these for our 4th of July party. Last night was our annual Memorial Day street party - always on Sunday. Everyone was upset that I didn't make my homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. I promised I would for the next street party and I think I will use oatmeal instead of chocolate chips.

    Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good and my husband would eat the whole plate of them...at night especially:) Love the red, white and blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love oatmeal cookies. Your recipe looks really good. Hope you had a nice Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!