Saturday, December 17, 2011

Do you see what I see?

Said the night wind to the little lamb....la,la,laaaa,la,laaahh.laahh!!!

This song has been playing over and over in my head like a scratched record, remember those? 

 I've got this song stuck in my head not because I am hearing it about a bazillion times a day or because I am filled with the joy's of Christmas.  Noooo, I am looking around my home and wondering...do you see what I see?
Here is my Dining Room piled high with presents yet to be wrapped.

The proof of my outlet shopping trip on one of my precious days off still sitting piled up in a corner of the dining room.  I didn't even attempt to hide the contents of a few bags either!  Why not???

Piles of bags that make it obvious where most of my time has been spent this season are cluttering up my dining room table.

The den is a wreck and has looked like this for at least a week now. I kid you not!  It's so much easier to cuddle up in your favorite blanket when it is still sitting right where you left it!

More bags and junk laying everywhere.

Speaking of junk, you think I'd at
least put up my jewelry that I wear to work at the end of the day.

More jewelry piling up high by my favorite chair.  I'm surprised there are not stacks of coffee cups here too.

I've only wrapped four boxes so far.

But I did pick up a new roll of wrapping paper, no tape of course.  It's sitting here in the kitchen foyer along with everything else that is piling up on this cabinet.


Just like all the mail.  Even some of those precious Christmas cards are still sitting unopened piled up on my kitchen desk/bar.  Speaking of the bar!

Thank goodness for allowing me to wine a little yall! Seriously! Going back to work full time in the midst of the holidays is just plain rough!  We are doing okay but I am exhausted and tired and really want MORE time off.   Don't get me wrong, I have such great support at home but I miss doing things the way I used to be able to do.  I am adjusting to the changes but it's just plain difficult at times.

My wonderful helper has taken to leaving me sticky notes all over the place where I will see them.

I mean who want's to see sticky notes all over their house?  LOL!

I cannot complain though because he has held up his end of the season quite well!  I have to admit our home has looked so wonderfully inviting when I pull in after 10pm on some evenings ever since the day after Thanksgiving.  He is amazing!  Life is rough at times and I thank the Lord for keeping me up and going and for a good man too!

Just felt like keeping it real here friends!

  It's 6:00am and I'm late getting in the shower.
Wishing you and me a good day!

7 comments:

  1. You think that's a mess? Nah. That's just living. I do remember the difference between a working woman Christmas and a stay home Christmas. In the first, I had money but no time. In the second, it was the other way around.

    I can't even imagine how it feels to be in RETAIL this time of year. YIKES.

    BTW, I am pinning your den because every time I see it, I think how much I love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    what a great post~! I did one about like this yesterday and it was so freeing just to say- it isnt perfect around here- its REAL:)
    so now lemme tell ya what I see.
    I absolutely adore your kitchen. Its got the perfect shape and its so open and bright.
    I want your sofa thats in the family room- I mean I seriously do:)
    could you email me and say where you got it, please.
    Even with the slightly lived in look it beautiful in my eyes and I know you all much love living there. It has the right Look and the right Feel and I can tell its full of Love. It doesnt get better than that..

    Merry Christmas
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I am with you on the wrapping and the house being a mess, etc. It will get done in good time, before Christmas LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know when I worked full time it was so hard to get everything done. This time of year in retail is sooooo busy. Still take a few minutes and enjoy it all. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks lovely and lived in; it looks like the homes of the rest of us. Relax! We understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just looks mildly lived in Mary!
    You have such a gorgeous home who cares! Your working full-time and it still looks pretty.
    I am babysitting full-time for a 14 month old toddler who is into everything and I mean everything!
    I have toys up the ying/yang and boy has my life changed but she is sooo worth it!
    Hang in there girl, your doing just fine!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a ...home...to me Mary, what a blessing to have such a beautiful one! Merry Christmas to you! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!