Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day Tablescapes

We had quite a busy Christmas this year hosting both my family on Christmas Eve and then my husbands family on Christmas Day.  It is a lot of work but, Oh, so wonderful getting together with family to celebrate!  

I only remembered to snap a few quick photos of the tables just seconds before the guests arrived on Christmas Day so there aren't many here to see but thought I'd share them with you anyway.

At the kitchen table I only needed to set the table for five this year.  My kitchen table has two large leaves that we insert during the holidays.  Usually we have to extend this table when my husbands family comes and even then still need a folding table in addition to the dining room table.  Not this year though, as a portion of the family did not make the trip up for the holidays.  So I only needed the kitchen table without sleeves and the dining room to accommodate everyone.  It was a wonderful afternoon but they were truly missed!

 I used my old Christmas china called Holiday Ribbon from Belks in the kitchen combined with my darker green glasses.  I think the green goblets are Libby.  The Christopher Radko cookie jar served as my centerpiece paired with candles and Santa salt and pepper shakers.


In the dining room I used the new plaid tablecloth that I purchased from last years after clearance sales at Walmart.

I kept the centerpieces simple in both of these rooms.  Since I had to move them in order to clean the linens after the first nights use and because I like to keep the table less cluttered when family is sitting around the table, I decided less is best.  

In my dining room I used the Butler's Pantry china combined with the Holiday Gatherings salad plates, both are from Lenox.  My lighter green goblets are from the Better Homes and Garden collection sold at Walmart.  My cloche filled with sparkly white, gold and silver balls served as our centerpiece.  Very simple and casual just the way we like it!  

I realized while setting these tablescapes this year how limited I was on holiday linens, specifically napkins.  Having to work first thing on Monday morning for our after Christmas sales at SteinMart has it's advantages!  I was able to snag a few bargains for myself to help resolve my limited amount of Christmas linens.  I'll be sharing a sneak peek of those with you soon.  But already, I am dreaming of next year's tablescapes!

I am joining BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday.  Please be sure and visit this link to check out many more beautiful settings. I bet there will be plenty to enjoy from the holidays!

Here's wishing you all many blessings for a Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Mary your tables were lovely! I do especially like that plaid plate! I like to keep a centerpiece simple especially if it needs to be moved so food can go on the table. Can't wait to see your new linens. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy pictures! I forget where you live, but when I saw the Belks, I figured you must live in the South!

    http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive and beautiful! I love the china with the ribbon on it. It is unique and festive! So glad you had a great holiday! We are in Tennessee but will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tables look wonderful! I love the simple centerpieces, too. How lucky to work at Steinmart! Ours closed a few years ago, and I really miss their housewares section!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, you must be tired! All that entertaining and then having to get up for work the next day!
    Both tables look so pretty! I totally agree, you can't put too much on them when people will be sitting and talking. I love the china, and the centerpieces are very festive!
    I am glad you were able to snag a few bargains too!
    Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table! I host a huge holiday party each year and found a pack of twelve white banquet napkins for $9.99 at Target! I use those interchangeably with my fancier linens. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary, your Christmas tables are just so beautiful. Nice that you both had family come over and join you on the eve and day of Christmas. I spent mine with my daughter and her family in FL, waiting for her to deliver and she did on the 26th. If you have a chance, please come see my new granddaughter on the blog right below this Jap-Christmas tablescape. I hope you all have a Happy New Year!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, both tables started with lovely tartans...beautiful tables! I have to agree that sometimes less is more.
    The Radko cookie jar makes a great centerpiece, but so does the cloche with the ornaments.
    Happy New Year, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY pretty tables. I love the plaid tablecloth and the plaid dishes!! But everything is festive and beautiful!

    Have a very Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!