Monday, October 17, 2011

A Change of Seasons

I love this time of year when the leaves all start to change colors and the last of the summer flowers hold on with all their might to one last breath with such beauty.  

My Oakleaf Hydrangeas.


The Boston Fern is still hanging in there late this year too!

My Kimberly Queens are still as gorgeous as ever!



I planted these two cascading plants late this summer.  They are new to me and are called Silver Falls Dichondra.  Aren't they so pretty!  I just love the silver color of these!


My Hot Pink Geraniums and Blue Daze are still showing beautifully!

Speaking of showing, one of the twins want's to show off her beauty two.

Misty loves sitting on the railing here during all the seasons.

This gazing ball was mirrored when I bought it, but now it's just a clear glass ball.   Oh well, what do you expect for $1.00 at a yard sale.  

Look how tall the Mexican Heather grew this year!

This is one of our most magical exciting areas that developed out of the pool construction.  After needing to fence in the yard, we decided to wrap the fence around this existing knock out rose that is just before the steps to the back decks.

We think this rose is loving being a showcase when you enter the gate.  It is accompanied by one of my very old Rosemary bushes that I have transplanted several times over here at this house and actually came from our old house almost 8 years ago.

And last but not least in between all of that is a wild Hibiscus that keeps returning from one of the original owners plantings.  

I love how freely my plants just take on a life of their own!  Do yours do the same?

I thought I'd share a little clip off from youtube with you that I always think of this time of year.



I hope each of you are having a wonderful week!

I am joining 
 Outdoor Wednesday 
and
Seasonal Sunday
to share some of the wonders of the season today.

Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. Your yard looks beautiful! I'm so jealous of your oakleaf hydrangeas.~what fabulous fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so pretty Mary! We have very little color change so far. Seems later than usual. I think we will be up your way next weekend for a band competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your lawn looks really pretty this time of year. Ours leaves a LOT to be desired right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty your yard is. Due to the severe drought we are in, I didn't have flowers this year, other than in a window box.
    Thanks for stopping by...come back, ya hear!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed seeing your yard and all of your pretty plantings. Don't you love knockout roses? I smile when I see the little bush near our picket fence, too. They just make me happy.

    And I love the Twin. I had two, sister and brother, when I was small who looked just like her. I love grey striped kitties!

    Hope you are doing well. Sending much love your way...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your plants are so beautiful! I have never seen an oakleaf hydrangea! That is gorgeous! We don't have much changing here yet, but cooler weather starting tomorrow. Hopefully we will have a bit of color this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!