Sunday, February 7, 2016

Let me reintroduce you to The Decorative Dreamer

Hi again everyone!  Can I interrupt your Super Bowl Sunday for just a bit, please?  You see,  I can't help but notice how quite it is here in MY blog world.  Is anyone out there?  Anyone remember me?  I sure hope so because I would love to start connecting again.  Yes, it's been quite a while since I blogged regularly and things sure have changed quite a bit.  I hope I haven't lost all of my blog friends in my extended absence.   It's definitely not like it used to be, but whew, I wasn't prepared for this silence.


I got to thinking maybe I should reintroduce myself.   Hello!  That's me above.  My name is Mary, aka The Decorative Dreamer.  I have a wonderful husband, and two sons whom are out of the house.  Well, one is at college but the other is out on his own.  I have a beautiful pup (lovely little girl) who makes me smile everyday.   I take horrible selfies, so this was the only way I could get a good updated photo of myself using the old mirror trick.

I am updating my blog again and I hope you will welcome me back or begin to follow along if your brand new.  I am not a professional blogger nor do I aspire to be.  I simply enjoy sharing my life and connecting with others who are like minded.   I have often wondered how to describe my blog.  I finally realized that I am a lifestyle blogger who mostly enjoys sharing home decor, thrifting and some crafting in addition to my other life activities in general.  I am now learning embroidery on my new home machine and will be sharing that as well.  This is just one of the many different things you will see on my blog.


 Here is a sneak peek of my home style.  This is a collage of some of my home as it looks now.  Hopefully now that I am at home again, this year will bring a few fun and decorative desired changes here and there.


I love thrift stores, yard sales and antique stores.  I frequent them often on the lookout for beautiful bargains or possible makeovers.  I found this cookie jar just this week at a booth that was having a 75% off sale.  She must be closing up shop, so I slowed it down and dug around until I spotted this beauty. Its a Raymond Waites pattern.


I just love the soft coloring of this jar.  I knew it would be a perfect accent piece for my kitchen.  Don't you just love the little bee?  I do!


Just when I was about to leave I spotted this cake plate tucked way in the back of a shelf.  It's a little rough for ware but no chips or dings and will make a nice accent piece as well.  I think I'll keep it here in the dining room (maybe on the wall) since I have similar plates with this pattern displayed in here already.


This brings me to why I am returning to blogging.  Along with wanting to share a bit of my life and style I hope to also gain some feedback.  Compliments are always nice but I would love some advice from time to time as well.  I gain so many ideas for decorating from perusing blogs and often get some inspiration to do something in my own way.  There are also many times that something I want to do isn't coming together quite right and I would love to get your feedback.  So I hope you'll feel free to drop me a tip anytime, especially when I ask (or beg) for help.  It would be greatly appreciated!

This year I hope to share more of my outdoor life as well.  I want to work in the yard more this year and do a little more gardening.  My yard has a good bit of shade and full sun both are very challenging.  I  want to enjoy the pool more as well with a bit more outdoor entertaining.



My husband and I also love sailing.  This is our newest boat.  It is a Catalina 30 we purchased in November of 2014.  This past summer we enjoyed seeing how it sailed and getting it back up to snuff.  Currently we have it pulled out of the water for a few repairs and primarily to get a new paint job on the bottom.  My husband is doing the work himself and it's all going very well.  You can expect to see a few post about our sailing adventures as well.


Lastly but certainly not least, my beautiful little girl Maizey.  She is a sweet little Cavachon who will be two years old on February 11th.  She has turned our lives upside down but in a very good way.  You can expect to see her show up here from time to time too, especially since she is always by my side.  I love her!!!


Well there you have it friends!  I love for you to drop by to visit from time to time.   I'll be right here just keeping my own little record of our happy side of life with pictures and commentary.  I think one day it will be kinda cool for my kids to see this as time goes on.

You can also follow me here on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.  I have follow links on the side bar of my blog above as well.  I am not the most consistent poster, I'm kinda low maintenance that way.  I do however value my name and persona as The Decorative Dreamer very much.  I've logged on to many social media outlets not so much as to build up my following (though that is so very sweet and desirable) but more to help my followers get a better image of who I really am.  While there is much to be said for monitoring privacy online there is also a good bit of value in having multi social contacts to protect my identity in the event of a hack.  Please contact me immediately should you ever see anything posted by me that is out of character.  I certainly don't expect anything but I've seen way too many hacks by some very loving people who had to close out their social platforms.  I really don't ever want to have to do that because I love sharing on this blog!

Please feel free to send me a message via comments on how I can improve your visits!  If you see anything wrong technically with my blog I would especially love to hear from you.  I am open for any and all expertise I can get.   I still have so much to learn regarding blogging.  Your advice is much appreciated, always!!!

Hugs and Waves!  (that's my new sign off, from a dreamy nautical loving girl)



6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Oh, I'm glad you're back. I had kept you on my blog roll just in case. Yes, blogging has really changed a lot since I started in 2008! I can't believe it's been that long. I too don't care to put ads on my blog or try to get discovered or something. So many of our bloggers have just gone hog wild and it's too bad. We do have so many talented bloggers out there but some have gotten so big they don't bother ever commenting back if you're not in the big league. I just blog the way I always have. I'm looking forward to seeing all you're doing. Oh, your embroidery on your machine looks gorgeous. You'll have to tell me what machine you have as I am in need of a new sewing machine and it would be so nice to have one with little extras! Welcome back - hope you remember me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I for one am glad that you'll be getting back into the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary... Welcome back. You have a lovely home. Your sweet Maizey reminds me of my Chili. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    I'm just a wandering visitor. No blog, but I LOVE reading everyone else's!
    It looks like I am going to really enjoy the things that you do....I'm not a sailor, but we fish and boat on the local lakes (mainly because I like to EAT fish :^) I sew pretty regularly on an OLD machine, so no fancy stuff. I can however, embroider a little with the satin stitch the zig-zag makes.
    Blessings to you, and Princess Posie sends a little hug for Maizey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! So glad to see you again and thanks so much for visting me! I will sign up for your e-mails so I don't miss any of your posts. Blogging has changed tremendously now, there are the BIG blogs with lots of sponsors (and they are making TONS of money, believe me. I have no desire to make my blog a job. I will just continue sharing our life, now here in our new home of 3 years. I do it for fun. Love your little Maisey, she is so sweet. I look forward to following you again. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Mary! I just started following you on Instagram. (Trying it out in this new year. I don't post there every day; just as it comes to mind.) I hope this is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Getting back into blogging and would love your precious feedback. I greatly appreciate and really enjoy reading your comments. Thank you so much!