Monday, February 24, 2014

Reminder...this blog going private and Instagraming

Hey All!  March 1st is the deadline!
Just wanted to send out another quick reminder for all you sweet blog followers.

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/retro-reminder-symbols-lucketts-online-shop/

What do I want you to remember?  That this blog is going private.  I am going to take it back to private on March 1st.

I have wanted to go private with my blog for some time now and since I am a hit and miss blogger with regular postings I have finally decided this is the right time.  I closed it a few weeks back rather impulsively without any warning and felt so bad that I neglected to warn you first.

Photo credit: John Lucas

But....this was not the message or image I wanted to send to you all!


So, I opened it back up again and offered up my heartfelt apologies and a chance to send in your emails so you can still follow if you would like to.  I have received them from several of you, many have not, oh well.  With that I have created an email list of who will still be able to view this blog after it's gone private. I believe you will need to log in with your email either to see it or maybe to just make a comment.  I'm not sure exactly how it works and hoping you will tell me later.  

I'm not trying to make things difficult for you just trying to protect my privacy in this crazy world we live in.  I hate spam and obscene emails along with all the other expectations that people have with blogging.  Soo.....it's now going to be done on my terms.  

On another subject...do you Instagram?



I hope so because, here's another fun thing that I am getting into.  I am sure many of you tech savvy people are well familiar with it already but I am just beginning to appreciate the value and convenience of this "new to me" app.

I plan to use it more regularly then blogging most likely to feature and share quick decor shots as well as booth sales items.  Bear with we now as I have much to learn about using it and connecting with others on it and the whole hash tag bit.

I am game on to learn though since it really seems so convienient.  I will remain public for new followers on that for awhile to see how it goes.  You can find and follow me under;  thedecorativedreamer
of course!

I hope to add links from this blog and pinterest soon.

Well, lot's of changes going on soon here and I hope you'll come on board.  I would love to have those who have been following me continue because you are always and have always been
WELCOME!

Have a great day everyone!
Later!


8 comments:

  1. Mary, please add me to your list.
    snskee@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary- I have been in and out with my daughter being close to new baby. I missed your earlier post about going private. Hope you will let me tag along once you are private. And, you might want to make your Instagram private, too-Otherwise, it is open to everyone by default. Good luck with the change. I am sorry that you have had so many problems that it makes you need to go private. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you, but if you are using Instagram...whoosh, there goes the privacy you are striving for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please check to me sure that I'm on your list, OK? I'm pretty sure I am, but when you opened back up I didn't redo what I had done.

    Just checking.

    And I don't have a smart phone so can't instagram. I would like to. I feel like between pinterest and instagram, blogging has become a dinosaur. That's actually kind of sad to me, but that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog via Words on Wheels. I would like to know about the ?yellow paint colors you have used. I looked through your blog and found where you had Lucent Yellow and now Muslin. Do you have Muslin throughout now? Do you have pics where you had the Golden Fleece and Compatible Cream? I am looking for a nice yellow/yellowish to use throughout our open floorplan. We currently have Sandy Lane by Duron, which is no longer available. (master bedroom in the pic shows it on the walls---no that is not my house)
    http://www.atlantahomesmag.com/article/inspired-elegance

    I don't care for all of the gray/greige walls. We had gray carpet that was already there, when we bought our first house, and I don't want it. Do you have an email I can email you privately with my many questions? Also, to sign up for your private blog. Likewise, I don't want to post my email for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Tammy see my reply below...meant to put that here!

      Delete
  6. Yes, Tammie I would love to talk yellows with you. You can email me at mlkeels@sc.rr.com. I have been through many, even years before this house. I even have a custom shade mix that I had made from my old home, loved that one the most before the Muslin now. I will see if I can find the mix on that. I am working today so will email you back this weekend after you send me yours! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you sent me an email reminder, because somehow I missed this. I am an Instagrammer and would love to follow you, but I'm not seeing where to do that. Can you let me know. It is just a fun little extra to do!

    ReplyDelete