Monday, October 3, 2011

It's My Birthday Today!

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!  It's off to work I go, and very happy for it.  Sorry ladies, but I am feeling just full of myself today.  Why?  Well, because today is my birthday!  

I am ringing my own bell today because as it's my life and I am embracing it!  I know this may sound quite braggy to some of you so if that's what you think so be it.  It seems the older I get the more comfortable I get with myself and who I am.  I've spent a lifetime feeling like I needed to please everyone else and be accepted under someone else's terms, but no more!  



God has made me very special just the way I am!  I have a big old heart that breaks easily because I have compassion for others.  Some call people like me super sensitive.  Some call us blessed!  One thing I know for sure.  Those who are blessed (sensitive) are usually the most forgiving and adaptable people on earth.  We live our lives in others shoes, mentally, and sometimes physically.  We understand where people have been when they share a life story with you. Life has not been an easy road for me in childhood, but I know God has always been there with me even when I didn't understand that.  Sure do wish I could get my hair to stay that color always!




Do you know that almost 8 of my closest friends from elementary school all the way up to high school were Libra's.  Pretty wild huh?  We always had such a great October!  Boy, do I miss those women!  We've gone our way after marriage and children but occasionally keep in touch, not nearly enough though.

This is me wearing my birthday necklace a few years ago.  It's kinda like my self proclaimed tiara, that I've decided it is worthy of wearing on birthdays.  I won't be wearing it today though, it's too fancy for setting up a store.  LOL!  

I celebrated my birthday yesterday because I was off.  I am so blessed by my family and wonderful husband!  Look what this man bought me all by himself.  He did the research and this is what he came up with after hearing me complain about the issues I was having with my camera.

Can you believe it?  In know!  I am beside myself.  Love how he gave me three bows on the package too!  LOL!

I've got so much to learn now!  Oh well, actually I guess we never stop learning in life do we?

Well thanks for stopping by and letting me shine a little today.
I hope you all have a wonderful day today too!




14 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday, from one Libra to another! And I love that 1st picture of you with your flousey hair and little gold broach. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary! Congrats on the camera, that is a beauty! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest Birthday...hope your day was just what you wanted it to be. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Mary I hope I'm the first here to wish you a most happy birthday! May it be filled with all the happiness you deserve. You have gotten more and more beautiful with each pic. And how exciting that you got a new camera. Have fun experimenting with it!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice birthday gift and here hoping that the rest of your day is wrapped in beautiful smiles!

    Birthday hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Mary! Loved your post and pictures. You look amazing, girl! Oh, and love your present...woo, hoo...u are going to have so much fun with that camera. I love mine. Enjoy the day! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Birthday to you! I know what you mean, every year you get to know yourself a little better and like what you see!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Mary! I got that same B-Day present for my last birthday. It's a truly amazing camera & you will have so much fun with it!

    Loved your simple tablescape from your last post. A cloche is a cloche is a thing of beauty with anything underneath! So pretty!
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Mary!
    You were a cute little girl and your a beautiful woman too!
    Your hubby did mighty good on that gift!
    Today is my grand-daughter Adi's first birthday!
    Hugs to you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you,

    Happy Birthday to you,

    Happy Birthday, Dear Mary...

    Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend who just gets better with age like a fine wine!

    Have a wonderful day...

    XO,

    Sheila

    P.S. Loved all the cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to a beautiful woman inside and out!!! I hope your day was wonderful! What an awesome gift! If you need lessons, we should meet in the middle and I will have you shooting in manual in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday dear Mary!!!

    I loved it when you said,

    "I've spent a lifetime feeling like I needed to please everyone else and be accepted under someone else's terms, but no more!"

    Yep. I get that.

    I love your new camera and because I have grown so fond of you, I won't even covet... much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love that you said that you were full of yourself..good for you! We all need to feel that way sometimes. You sure were a darling kid and beautiful still today! Hope your day was all that you wanted it to be...love that camera!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh darling, Happy Birthday even though I'm a few days late.. You are one beautiful gal, on the outside as well as the inside.. Congrats on your new camera.... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!