Sunday, May 29, 2011

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. – John 15:13


  Have you ever imagined just how many may have genuinely experienced the fullest measure of this verse in their lives? 

The sacrifice made by a soldier who dies in combat is quite extraordinary and certainly deserves our most memorable honor.  I am most thankful that we live in a country that recognizes the sanctity of this heroic action.  For they have given their lives so that we may have the gift of freedom in the U.S.

  Many of us will not have to die for another, but in this verse we are also encouraged to practice sacrificial love.  There are times when we will fall short, as I so often do, but we are reminded here to continue looking for ways to share Jesus's love with others.

  The ultimate sacrifice has already been made for us by Jesus, whom we can call our friend.  For he gave his life for us, that we may have the gift of eternal freedom.  He did this because, His love for you was that great!

Thank you for
Sharing Jesus Sunday
with me.

I hope you will all have a very
  Happy Memorial Day!
Mary

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!