Sunday, February 27, 2011

Today for my first Sunday post I have a very special and deeply personal entry.  I debated much over whether to share this with you or not because it is so personal. However, because I have promised to continue posting my blog in a whole new direction, I felt it was especially appropiate today for:

Sharing Jesus Sunday


Illustration from ”The Sunday at Home”, 1880

I am sharing Psalm 23 with you today because our family is in the valley this weekend while morning the loss of my Father in law who died on Friday afternoon after a long and courageous battle with Pancreatic Cancer.  The good news is, we know he is not in the valley any longer and is now in the house of the Lord!  He was a Christian and one of the finest examples of a man of faith that I have ever met. 

We will all miss him dearly and look forward to the day we all meet again!

This Psalm while often one of the most dreaded of all verses should give each believer a sense of comfort and hope.  I encourage each of you to take the time to study and enjoy these verses while you are in greener pastures and to build upon the foundation of your faith!

Please keep our family in your prayers today and the days ahead.

Thank you!
Mary